The Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences is edited quarterly by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of São Paulo and has the objective of publicizing the most recent advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Area.
The Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences has its origin in the "Anais de Farmácia e Odontologia da USP", which began in 1939. In 1963, volume 1 of "Revista da Faculdade de Farmácia e Bioquímica da Universidade de São Paulo" was published and in 1970, it was changed to "Revista de Farmácia e Bioquímica da Universidade de São Paulo". In 1999, it was totally remodeled and named as Revista Brasileira de Ciências Farmacêuticas/Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. From 2009 on, after 10 years of its first editorial reformulation and celebrating 70 years of publishing, a new phase has started, and the publication is now Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, accepting papers only in English. This decision has the main purpose of widening its visibility outside the country, towards consolidating its role as the main publication in the Pharmaceutical Sciences area in Brazil.